Friday, April 5, 2013

BBW: Sweetheart Collection Review

As planned, here's the review for Bath and Body Works Sweetheart Collection. . . . . 
These are the Preview Lotions which came out before the full sized bottles of the body lotions were released.

BBW Scent Description: Sweet as can be with honeyed violets and pink sugar.  

SCENT NOTES:
Top: Italian Mandarin, Grapefruit, White Peach
Middle: Apple Blossom, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Lily of the Valley
Dry: Cedarwood, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Candy Heart Accord


MY OPINION:
Honestly I find the scent quite complex. I can't say that its outright sweet because for me the musky scent is the more dominant tone here. You'd detect the floral hints + the musk upon dry down, which actually makes it smell heavier and warmer. I'm at odds about whether I  should like this scent or not. Perhaps I'll just settle in between.


BBW Scent Description: Bat your eyelashes and blow a kiss at a flirtatious fragrance blend of red berries and blonde wood.  

SCENT NOTES:
Top: Sparkling Plum Blossom, Red Berries, Crispy Apple, Iced Petals
Middle: Peach Blossom, Candy Violet, Camellia
Dry: Vanilla Bean, Velvet Musk, Blonde Woods 


MY OPINION:
Smells like bubblegum. I find the lasting power severely lacking. As compared to the other two the smell of this one doesn't last very long. The first note that I was able to detect is the apple then there's the berries. This one is much sweeter than the Honey Sweetheart. This would've been much better if the scent stayed on for much longer.



BBW Scent Description: A dream come true mix of clementine and star daisies.  

SCENT NOTES:
Top: Italian Bergamot, Grapefruit, Magnolia, Maracuya, Pear
Middle: Lily of the Valley, Freesia, Jasmine, Passion Fruit
Dry: Sandalwood, White Amber, Musk


MY OPINION:
The scent lasted almost as long as the Honey Sweetheart. It's a strong flowery scent straight up from the bottle but it tones down significantly. I also smelled the pear mixed in with the florals. I am not a fan of flowery scents because it tends to give me headaches but I liked this one when it dried down. It turned into this light powdery-flowery-fruity smell which is actually pretty pleasant and easy on the nose. Not too overpowering compared to others that might make you look like a walking flower shop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment